Listening: (Time: 40 Minutes)
This module is divided into 4 sections with 10 questions in each section & you will have a total of 40 Mins. in which 10 Mins. is for transferring the answers to an answer sheet.
- Section 1 has a conversation between 2 speakers (For example Booking Appointment).
- Section 2 will have a single person speaking on a topic.
- Section 3 has a conversation between 2 speakers (For example Booking Appointment). This section will be tougher than Section 1.
- Section 4 will have a single person speaking on a subject. his section will be tougher than Section 2.
Note: Section 1 is the easiest & Section 4 is tougher.
Academic Reading: (Time: 60 Minutes)
The reading module contains a total of 40 questions which is divided into 3 sections & each section will contain a passage with a variety of question types e.g. multiple-choice, short-answer questions, labelling diagrams.
Academic Writing: (Time: 60 Minutes)
The writing section will contain two Task's.
- Task 1: In this task, you will be presented by a graph, table, chart or diagram & you have to describe that in your own words in 20 Minutes with a word limit of 150 words.
- Task 2: In this task, you have to write an essay describing your opinion about a particular issue.
Speaking: (Time: 11–14 minutes)
This module will evaluate your spoken English. Also, your voice will be recorded in this test. This module is divided into 3 parts:
- Part 1: This part will of 4-5 minutes in which examiner will ask you general questions about yourself and a range of familiar topics, such as home, family, work, studies and interests.
- Part 2: In this part, you will be given a topic & 1 minute will be given to prepare yourself. After that, you have to speak on that topic for 2 minutes.
- Part 3: In this last part, the examiner will ask you questions based on the topic of Part 2 & this part will of 4-5 minutes.
- The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- The Listening, Reading and Writing sections of all IELTS tests are completed on the same day, with no breaks in between them.
- The Speaking section, however, can be completed up to a week before or after the other tests.