About Vancouver Island University (VIU):
• Established in 1936, VIU is a fully-accredited public university located in the beautiful province of British Columbia, on Canada's west coast.
• VIU, located in Nanaimo (British Columbia), is 30 mins. From Vancouver. Nanaimo has a population of 100,000. There are growing job opportunities in the Nanaimo region, and it is also strongly connected with other cities of British Columbia.
• Nanaimo is the 3rd most important city of British Columbia after Vancouver and Victoria. Industries and jobs in the sectors of Tourism & Hospitality, Leisure, International Trade, Ship Building, Animation & Graphics, Film Making, IT, Business & Finance, Oil & Natural Gas, Mining and Fishing.
• Small classes taught by experienced and highly-qualified instructors, faculty to student ratio is 1:16
• academic advising, personal counseling, and support services for international students.
• VIU provides an enriched and intellectually stimulating environment for its over 20,000 students which include over3500 international students from over 85 countries studying across almost 150 programs.
• Offers Co-operative Education programs that allow for the study and full-time work anywhere in Canada
• Graduate employment rate of 95%, far above the provincial average
• Lower tuition costs compared to most of the other Canadian universities
• VIU Business School is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
• Degree Quality Assessment Board (DQAB) of the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education
• Association of Community Colleges of Canada (ACCC)
• Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
• British Columbia Centre for International Education (BCCIE)Designated as a Centre of Excellence by World LeisureOrganization.
Location & Campuses: Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Application Fees: CAD$150
Tuition Fees Range:
For Masters : $ 27,000 to $ 51,000 CAD
For Post Graduate : $ 19,000 to $ 28,000 CAD
For the Master Program and Post Graduate Programs: IELTS Overall 7.0 Bands with no band less than 6.5 Band.
For Bachelor, Diploma and Certificate Program: IELTS 6.5 Bands with No less than 6.0 Band.
• Need to send Notary Documents through courier after receiving conditional LOA.
• Conditional Offer Possible for Undergraduate Program & Postgraduate Program without IELTS or Academic
• For a complete application, hard copies of the academic documents have to be couriered to the University. VIU sends the final Offer Letter upon the receipt of the Tuition Fees, hard copies of the Notarized academic documents, and the signed student agreement.
• A minimum 60% average requires for Master’s program & 55% and above requires for Undergraduate programs.
• No GMAT score required for MBA
• All the applicants who apply with a lower than required score will be offered an ESLpathway to the core academic program. Another important update that we received from the High Commission of Canada and IRCC last week is that the students who are being accepted into ESL in Canada but still have an overall IELTS score of 6.0 with no band less than 6.0, can apply for their visas under SDS. Which means, the very good visa success rate can be expected for ESL.
Mr. Rakesh Sachdeva