About Northern College:
• Founded in the year 1967, one of the Oldest College in Canada.
• You have easy access to services, labs, facilities, computers, etc.
• Over 75 full-time and part-time certificate, diploma, and apprenticeship programs.
• Over 800 web-based courses available.
• Employment rate is 82%. And Employer Satisfaction ration is 93%
• Many accredited programs and courses recognized by related professional associations.
• Student retention rate is higher than the provincial norm.
• Programs that are well respected in the areas of Trades and Technology, Health Sciences (human and animal), Human Services and Mining.
• Northern College is having a Technology Centre known as Trade & Technology Centre and it opened September 2010 at a cost of $17.4 million (Rs.70 crore in India). You practically have to wear sunglasses when you walk into the new centre because everything is so shiny and new.
• Northern College is located in Timmins and is 1.5 hours flight from Toronto.
Location & Campuses:
1. Haileybury Campus
2. Kirkland Lake Campus
3. Moosonee Campus
4. Timmins Campus
5. Toronto Campus (Northern (Pures) College)
Application Fees: CAD$100
Tuition Fees Range: $ 13,500 CAD to $ 26,300 CAD Approx. (Main Campus) and $ 15,600 CAD, minimum payment of $ 15,509 CAD to register, payment within 20 days of the letter issue date.
• Overall Score of 6.0 must be achieved, with no individual Band score Under 5.5 Band. For Diploma Program. (Main Campus)
• Overall Score of 6.0 must be achieved, with no individual Band score Under 6.0 Band. For Diploma Program. (Toronto Campus)
• Overall Score of 6.5 must be achieved, with no individual Band score Under 6.0 Band. For Post Graduate Program.
Campuses and Facilities:
About Northern (Pures) College:
• Northern College has established collaboration with Pures College of Technology in order to provide high quality education and exemplary services to overseas students in Toronto. Students enrolled in Northern College programs at the Pures Toronto location receive full credit from Northern College, and are granted a Northern College diploma upon meeting their graduation requirements.
• Students taking a Northern College program at Pures have the opportunity to acquire a high-quality education along with practical skills enhancement. At the same time, staff and faculty provide a warm and welcoming environment for international students, offering excellent student services to ensure that students have a great learning experience. By living in Toronto, international students are able to access significant employment opportunities and community support services.
• Pures College is located in Toronto, Canada and is registered under Provincial Government. We are also designated by CIC (Canadian Immigration Citizenship) as a learning Institute for Overseas students. In order to provide high quality education to international students, Pures College and the Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology has established a partnership in Toronto.
Advantages of Studying and Living in Toronto:
• Students can experience Toronto’s multicultural environment.
• We are located in the Central Toronto.
• Students will be granted with Diploma from Northern College upon meeting the Graduation Requirement.
• We Provide Work Placement Assistance.
• Students who complete a 2 years Diploma Program will be able to apply for a 3 year Post.
• Graduation Work Permit Great working opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area.
• We create a warm and welcome atmosphere for International students.
Important Remarks about Northern (Pures) College: If the student has studied in Canada, the student must provide proof of the study (enrolment letter) as well as the transcripts at the time of the application. If it is later-on discovered that the student had withheld previous studies in Canada at the time of the application, which would impact the fairness of our decision making, acceptance will be revoked without any discussion.
In order to increase the applications efficiency, please provide us colour original clear copies of the supporting documents, we will not process any applications if the documents we received do not meet standards.
• No applications will be assessed without subject wise backlogs history. (GTU is an exception as we can we get the complete details from the marks sheet , I need backlog history especially from the Punjab region)
• We can accept only 2 years gap after the applicant's latest education with/without relevant work experience.
- But a gap more than 2 years and up to 5 years we need a relevant work experience letter.
- A gap more than 5 years will not be acceptable and we cannot issue an offer letter.
• We consider 6-8 backlogs for a 3 years program and 8-10 backlogs for a 4 years program, but if the student has maximum number of backlogs then the aggregate increases from 50 to 60%
Mr. Rakesh Sachdeva