About Lakeland College:
• Lakeland is over 100 years old and has two campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster, Alberta.
• Lakeland is recognized as an Alberta and Saskatchewan comprehensive post-secondary public college, because our Lloydminster campus is on the provincial border between these two provinces. We are the only bi-provincial college in Alberta / Saskatchewan.
• After students graduate with a one- or two-year certificate / diploma, they have an opportunity to pursue the transition to permanent residency in Alberta, or Saskatchewan.
• International Students at Lakeland can work off campus immediately upon arrival up to 20 hours during the semester and full time during vacation periods provided they meet the duties associated with their study permits. Our international students have full employment. Alberta and Saskatchewan have very strong employment economies.
• After graduation from Lakeland, students can work in Canada from 1 to 3 years depending upon their academic credential.
• Lakeland College is a post-secondary college in Alberta. It is publicly funded and maintains two campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster. Lakeland serves about 7,500 full- and part-time students.
• Lakeland began here in 1913 as the Vermilion School of Agriculture, and it still has countryside feel: green lawns, mature trees, and as much sky as you want.A lot of the learning at Vermilion takes place outdoors - on the college farm,the freighting school’s training grounds, or the environmental science programs field labs.
• Lakeland’s campus at Vermilion. Today our modern classrooms and computer labs support coursework in more than eight disciplines, including award-winning programs in interior design, trades and early learning and child care.
• Enrollment at Vermilion numbers nearly 2,000 today, with more than 500 of those students living on campus, a few minutes’ walk from the classrooms. It’s the more rural of our two campuses - offering a true small-town college experience.
• When we asked our current and prospective international students why they chose Lakeland College, their top 3 reasons were all very similar:
For high quality education
For work and immigration opportunities
For the opportunity to experience another culture, and more specifically Canada
Location & Campuses: 5707 College Dr, Vermilion, AB T9X 1K5, Canada
1. Vermilion Campus
2. Lloydminster Campus
Application Fees: CAD$90
Tuition Fees Range: $ 13,800 to $ 15,500 CAD Approx.
IELTS : Minimum Score overall 6.0 Bands No Less than 6.0
TOIFL : A minimum score of 85 on the TOEFL internet-based test with a minimum score of 21 points in each of the four tested areas
PTE : Minimum score of 58 with no communicate skill score lower than 50
Notes: Students who graduate from a full-time (Lakeland College) program (degrees, applied degrees,diplomas, and some certificates) that is a minimum of 8 months long are eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit.
Mr. Rakesh Sachdeva