About Coast Mountain College:
• Coast Mountain College (previously Northwest Community College (NWCC)) is an accredited post secondary institution that serves the rich and diverse communities and learners of BC’s beautiful northwest region.
• Established in 1975 in Terrace, BC, Coast Mountain College has expanded to seven regional campuses serving 34 communities, 21 of which are First Nations communities. The College provides students with innovative programs that lead to sustainable careers for people in the north. Our campuses are located in Hazelton, Queen Charlotte, Masset, Smithers, Prince Rupert and Terrace.
• CMTN offers college access programs; small class sizes; health and human services programs; online programs; university credit programs, trades foundation and apprenticeship programs. Coast Mountain College also offers innovative and flexible mobile training, reaching communities beyond its campuses.
• Coast Mountain College aims to be the college of choice for experiential, place-based learning allowing students to learn both in the classroom and in the spectacular outdoor spaces that are so unique to this part of Canada.
Why choose Coast Mountain College:
• High-quality affordable education.
• Innovative programs and experiential, place-based learning.
• Personable and knowledgeable faculty and staff.
• Rich cultures, traditions and heritage.
• One of the most spectacular places on earth.
• Currently, there are six campuses, with three available for international students at Terrace, Smithers, and Prince Rupert.
• In CMC, the cost of living is less than CAD$22,300 per year. On-campus Residence is available at CAD$500 annually.
• The college offers on-the-field programs that take education beyond the four walls of the classroom.
• There are Spring and Summer intensive programs lasting five to 20 days.
• Cultural activities, student union activities, innovation lab, food services, residence life activities are all available.
• Class sizes are small to maximize individualized interaction and attention, having no more than 15-20 students.
• Students give CMC a 97% satisfaction rate.
Location & Campuses:
2) Prince Rupert,
5) Haida Gwaii
Application Fees: CAD$100
Tuition Fees Range: $ 16,000 to $ 19,000 CAD Approx.
IELTS Requirements: IELTS Overall 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 in two modules.
- Turn Around Time for LOA and Offer Letter:
Offer Letter : 7 days
Final LOA : 10-15 days after pay a deposit towards either student first-semester tuition fees or student full year tuition; depending.
- Official transcripts must be mailed in a sealed envelope or faxed from the institution you attended to Coast Mountain College and must include the official seal or signature of that institution. A notarized translation must accompany any transcripts that are not in English. If you have completed the West African Examination Council Exams, CMTN must be supplied with scratch card information so results may be verified.
- Once Student has met the requirements, student will be conditionally accepted into the program and must pay a deposit towards either his/her first-semester tuition fees or full-year tuition; depending on if you apply through the Traditional Study Stream or Study Direct Stream.
- Please be aware that banking institutions charge a CAD$15 wire transfer fee per transaction. This fee must be made in addition to your deposit amount.
- Your acceptance letter will be sent upon receipt of your deposit payment. $4,000 of your fees are nonrefundable unless a study permit is denied. Visit our refunds page for complete details.
Mr. Rakesh Sachdeva