About Algoma University:
• Established in 1965 as Algoma College, Algoma University was an initially an affiliate of Laurentian University in Sudbury.
• In 2008, Algoma University was granted its charter and with the charter, achieved full autonomous University status as Ontario’s 19th University.
• Algoma University now offers 30 academic programs in a diverse range of fields through three faculties.
• Faculty members at Algoma University are engaged in cutting edge research that creates outstanding learning opportunities for its students.
• The academic setup enables the students to have one on one interaction with the research oriented faculties and gain hands on experience through engaging programs.
• Algoma University offers a wide range of cultural, academic and social activities that make for a unique, meaningful and life changing experience for every student.
• Algoma University is the only University in Ontario that caps classes at 75 students. Most classes, in fact, have no more than 35 students.
Location & Campuses:
1. Sault Ste. Marie (Main Campus)
2. Algoma University @ Brampton,
3. Algoma University @ Timmins
Application Fees: CAD$100
Tuition Fees Range: $ 18,057.40 CAD + $ 624 CAD (University Health Insurance Plan Mandatory)
2018-19 ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) Program Tuition Fee For Level 14th $ 4,356.59 CAD and for Level 5th $ 2,556.59 CAD
IELTS Requirements: 6.0 bands overall, no less than 6.0 bands in each module.
• Minimum average of 60% in the previous Degree (Though 60% is preferred and more likely to get admission)
• Send proof of English language proficiency. When proof of English language proficiency is required, test results may be issued directly from the Examining Board.
• Documents issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a Notarized English translation.
• Photocopied and notarized copies of transcripts and documents may be accepted for conditional offers of admission only. Transcripts must be issued directly by the institution in order to be considered official.
• Average processing time 10 Working Days.