About Algoma University:
• Established in 1965 as Algoma College, Algoma University was an initially an affiliate of Laurentian University in Sudbury.
• In 2008, Algoma University was granted its charter and with the charter, achieved full autonomous University status as Ontario’s 19th University.
• Algoma University now offers 30 academic programs in a diverse range of fields through three faculties.
• Faculty members at Algoma University are engaged in cutting edge research that creates outstanding learning opportunities for its students.
• The academic setup enables the students to have one on one interaction with the research oriented faculties and gain hands on experience through engaging programs.
• Algoma University offers a wide range of cultural, academic and social activities that make for a unique, meaningful and life changing experience for every student.
• Algoma University is the only University in Ontario that caps classes at 75 students. Most classes, in fact, have no more than 35 students.
Location & Campuses:
1. Sault Ste. Marie (Main Campus)
2. Algoma University @ Brampton,
3. Algoma University @ Timmins
Application Fees: CAD$50
Tuition Fees Range: $ 18,057.40 CAD + $ 624 CAD (University Health Insurance Plan Mandatory)
2018-19 ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) Program Tuition Fee For Level 14th $ 4,356.59 CAD and for Level 5th $ 2,556.59 CAD
IELTS Requirements: 6.0 bands overall, no less than 6.0 bands in each module.
• Minimum average of 60% in previous Degree (Though 60% is preferred and more likely to get admission)
• Send proof of English language proficiency. When proof of English language proficiency is required, test results may be issued directly from the Examining Board.
• Documents issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a Notarized English translation.
• Photocopied and notarized copies of transcripts and documents maybe accepted for conditional offers of admission only. Transcripts must be issued directly by the institution in order to be considered official.
• Average processing time 10 Working Days.
Mr. Rakesh Sachdeva