Dec 3 2019 5:40PM
People consider IELTS as a knowledge-based exam. However, it relies on language skills. Due to this misconception, students consume more time to prepare for IELTS, as they mainly focus on gathering more information regarding IELTS topics.
In other words, highly-skilled English learner needs to focus only on the typical structure and pattern of the exam. Thus, achieve the desired scores in very less time as they already have prior knowledge of the language.
Steps to improve your band score :
1. Regular practice in various modules is imperative for a higher band.
2. Additionally, the accumulation of vocabulary, gaining knowledge from newspaper articles and, also listening to reliable audio from distinct sources is an advantage to score the desired result within less time frame.
3. Give equal time preference to all modules.
Four Band descriptors and their requirements can motivate the candidate to be ready for the preparation of the IELTS exam in a short duration are:
1. Task Achievement- Follow the desired structure of each essay type.
2. Coherence and Cohesion- It implies that a student should follow a correct logical sequence in the essay with the use of suitable connectors.
3. Lexical Resources- Use of appropriate vocabulary according to the band requirement and ignore the spelling errors is an efficient way to score band in this band descriptor.
4. Grammatical Range and Accuracy- Use of different sentence structures, such as Simple, Compound, and Complex sentences with grammatical accuracy.
If you follow the above-given instructions, undoubtedly, you will get a higher band.
If you wish to achieve maximum IELTS band, then join Kanan International, Karnal today.